A coat of Shellac may help to remove tobacco smell from furniture. If that doesn't work try this:
- Spray the entire piece inside and out with Ozium Sanitizer.
- Put a box or bowl of charcoal briquettes inside.
- Cover the entire piece with plastic for 24 hours.
- Clean your project with a Scotch Brite pad and a 50/50 mix of denatured alcohol and water.
- Finally sand with 150 or 180 grit. We recommend the Softback Sanding Sponges.
Follow these steps and hopefully the smoke smell with be gone. Good Luck! Let us know know if this works for you, or if you have any other suggestions.