HOW TO MIX CONVERSION VARNISH, General Finishes strongest clear coat.
1. Always wear gloves when working with Conversion Varnish.
2. Stir Conversion Varnish in the can to ensure a consistent sheen.
3. Use a pour fitting to keep the can clean.
4. Only mix what you will use; once Catalyst is added, Conversion Varnish has a limited pot life.
5. Mix 1 Part Catalyst to 10 Parts Conversion Varnish, Measured by Weight or Volume.
6. Using a power drill with mixing blade, create a vortex in the Conversion Varnish. This vortex is critical to the success of the mix.
7. SLOWLY pour Catalyst into Conversion Varnish.
8. Continue mixing for 1-2 minutes. Mix for 3 total minutes.
9. Allow mixture to rest for 10-15 minutes before spraying.
10. Once Catalyzed, Conversion Varnish has a 6-8-hour pot life.
11. Conversion Varnish MUST be filtered using a fine filter.
When using pressurized pot spray systems, open the air vent when not in use. If left under pressure, the Conversion Varnish will continue to off-gas, building additional pressure, which will diminish pot life.
Once applied, Conversion Varnish will typically be ready to recoat in 40-60 minutes. Cure time is 7 days.
Where to Buy General Finishes Products: