STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL: HAND-APPLY WATER-BASED STAIN OVER AN EXISTING FINISH
1. Stir contents well.
2. Prepare surface by scrubbing with a 50:50 mix of denatured alcohol and water using a Scotch Brite Pad. After dry, lightly sand with fine-grade (220-320) foam sanding pad or 400-grit sandpaper.
3. Wipe off dust with an oil-free tack cloth or a water-dampened rag.
4. Test the color on the underside of the project before you begin.
5. Apply stain.
6. Using a bristle brush, feather out uneven areas and pull excess stain from corners using a bristle brush. Discharge accumulated stain from the brush onto a dry paper towel as you work.
7. Let the stain dry 2-4 hours in ideal conditions (50-70% humidity, 70*F/20*C).
8. Optional: apply a second and third coat to deepen the color.
9. Finish with 3 coats of GF topcoat.