General Finishes Water Based Topcoats:
- High Performance
- Flat Out Flat
- Enduro Clear Poly
- Enduro 2K Conversion Varnish
- Enduro Pre-Cat Lacquer
- Exterior 450
General Finishes Oil Based Topcoats
- Gel Satin Topcoat
- Wood Bowl Finish
- Butcher Block Oil
- Outdoor Oil
- Oil based topcoats and Enduro-Var will amber over time.
- Water based Flat Out Flat and High Performance top coats dry clear.
- Never use any water based topcoat with long oils such as Danish, Tung or Linseed.
- Water based top coats clean up with water. OIl based topcoats require mineral spirits for clean up.
- Enduro-Var ADHERES WELL only over WATER STAINS, DYE STAINS, and RAW WOOD.
- If you use water based topcoats over oil based finishes, make sure that you wait 72 hours between the two products. It is essential to let the oil finish dry longer.
- For more complex projects that have a lot of nooks and crannies or projects with large surface areas such as cabinets, we recommend either ARM-R-SEAL liquid oil based topcoat or any of our water based topcoats. Large surfaces such as cabinets or tables and complex projects with lots of detail are easier to cover with liquid topcoat rather than a Gel top coat.
- Enduro Professional Topcoats are thinner and intended to be sprayed
- High Performance and Flat Out Flat can also be sprayed. If needed, it can be thinned by adding 5-10% distilled water.